Thursday, October 28, 2010

For all the Mister Donut fans out there...

I just wanted you to know that we were able to "purchase" our inaugural MisDo mug today using points from our frequent fatty card.  This pales in comparison to the collection upstairs, but I'm still equal parts proud/disgusted by our commitment and resulting shwag. 

I'd like to say that our unwavering consumerism was in pursuit of this prize, but I'm not really thinking that our intake is going to slip off now that we've reached 150 points...  I wonder if one ever reaches a point where one is catapulted into a higher level of Mister Donut clubbery.  Like, I would turn in my regular paper card to be updated and the counter person would in turn hand me a Silver card.  You know, something permanent, perhaps with a bit more polish; something that says, "I'm an executive in the elite Mister Donut partnership." 

And then if I graduated from Silver to Gold, someone would discreetly pull me aside and show me the secret handshake, which I would use to gain entry into a back room with leather club chairs and snifters of milk.  And maybe, at the highest level (MisDo Black), toward the end of my life or a move abroad that would prevent me from continuing my habit, Mister Donut himself would visit me with a dozen Pon de Rings in the clubhouse and finally tell me what the hell they put in those donuts that makes them so damn good anyway....

3 comments:

Yelena said...

So, for future reference, could you rank the Mr. Donut flavors in order of excellence?

Rodney said...

Sorry for the delay, I had to do some recon today to confirm the correct order, lest I mislead you. Except for the Pon de Ring, I don't know any of the names in English, so I'll just describe them.

Pon De Ring is numero uno. Its like little doughy mochi balls linked together. A glazed on 'roids, if you will. There is a vid on YouTube if you want the visual...

My 2nd fave is the regular glazed, its like a cake donut but slightly tangy. Ed says it tastes like there is some sour cream in the batter. And its only glazed on the top, but there is sort of a channel there that catches extra glaze and makes it super glazey. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Tie for third on the stuffed and dipped French crullers. I like the regular glazed filled with chocolate pudding and then dipped in white chocolate. BUT, then I also like the chocolate glazed one filled with a light creme and dipped in butterscotch icing.

Ed is a huge fan of the cream-filled powdered. The cream is much more whipped than custardy.

OOOO, and special mention of the chocolate glazed covered in pistachio dust stuff. That shit was bangin.

Soon, I'm only going to allow photographs from above, lest my creme filled chins be captured on film.

I wish I could bring you a sixer. xo.

Yelena said...

yelena hungee :(