Monday, January 17, 2011

Parasites and travel malaise

Hello lovely readers.  I'm sorry I've been among the missing for over a week.  Apparently the parasite that I picked up ages ago on Lanta is still hanging about.  It would seem that the antibiotics I fed it in Cambodia only put it to sleep for a few weeks.  Now that its well rested its extra nasty.  As such, the last week in Chiang Mai and Bangkok have been pretty mellow. 

I'm feeling slackery on all fronts.  The bright side is that tomorrow we head to Australia for part II of our adventure.  I think we're ready to do something new and being in an English-speaking place, with my Mom (!) feels like something to get jazzed about. 

On the upside, being sick has given us the opportunity to see 3 movies in as many days in Bangkok.  Megamind (in 3D) was snoozers.  The Tourist had some significant holes in the plot, but Angelina looked bananas.  The big surprise was Burlesque, which was g-d amazing.  We both thoroughly enjoyed it, even Cher's performance as a drag queen robot. 

As soon as my fever breaks, I'm going to bore you with all the details of our time in North Thailand.  In short, it was awesome, and we're going to miss Thailand a whole bunch.

No comments: